The midwife is a profession in the health sector related to pregnancy, childbirth, postnatal conditions, and paramedic services related to organs. The midwifery study program is under the auspices of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences and health which was officially established in 2020 following the Decree of the Minister of Education and Culture No. 603 / M / 2020.
Become a D-III Midwifery study program as an educational institution with a spirit and dignity in producing midwifery graduates with the excellence of Moms Postnatal Treatment and Baby Spa and mastering science and technology with IMTAQ based on 2030.
1. Carrying out quality and quality education and building to produce graduates with high morale and dignity.
2. Researching midwifery by utilizing science and information technology in the field of health and midwifery.
3. Carrying out community service as a process of strengthening and utilizing midwifery science for the community, especially those related to improving the degree of public health in the application of evidence-based on obstetrics, especially postnatal moms and baby spas.
4. Developing cross-program and sectoral levels to meet community needs in midwifery services.
5. Integrating the values ??of Al-Islam and Muhammadiyah in midwifery-based knowledge and technology to realize moral excellence and professional maturity so that a person with spirit and dignity is formed.
Graduates of the UMRI D-III Midwifery study program have the following career opportunities:
1. Health Services
Midwifery graduates of UMRI can provide services in public and private health facilities such as independent practice midwives, health clinics, health centers, maternity hospitals, hospitals, BPJS, and so on.
Midwifery graduates of UMRI can open independent work opportunities such as kids care, mom and baby care, baby spas, and so on.
Competence of graduates
The competencies for graduating from the UMRI D3 Midwifery program are as follows:
1. Able to work together, communicate and innovate at work.
2. Able to solve problems in midwifery services and care according to competence, scientifically based authority and be responsible for the results independently.
3. Able to provide basic midwifery care in normal pregnancy, early detection, and early handling of emergencies and referral following midwifery management following standard operating procedures (SOP), professional code of ethics, and cultural responsiveness in health services.
4. Able to provide basic midwifery care for childbirth and new normal babies, early detection and early handling of emergencies and referral according to midwifery management following standard operating procedures (SOP), professional code of ethics, and cultural responsiveness in health services.